Text column refers to a column in a DataFrame that contains strings (i.e., textual data). Splitting a text column into two separate columns means that you want to take the values in that column and separate them into two new columns, based on some specified criteria or separator.
Here are three different methods you can use to split a text column into two separate columns in Pandas, along with examples:
1. Using "str.split()" method:
- The str.split() method splits a string into a list of substrings based on the `specified separator`.
2. Using "str.extract()" method:
- The str.extract() method extracts substrings from a string based on a `regular expression` pattern.
3. Using "str.partition()" method:
- The str.partition() method splits a string into `three parts` based on the specified separator.