How can you retrieve values from certain or specific positions of a Pandas Series in Python?

I want to know how can I extract certain items from a Pandas series or in other words, how can I extract items which are located at specific indexes or positions. Can someone please provide me with methods and techniques for achieving this? An example code explaining the technique would be helpful too.

You can use boolean indexing to solve your problem, in this technique, you create a list of boolean values, where each value represents the position of an item in the series. By passing this list, the values at the indexes where the boolean values are True are extracted. This is a straightforward method but can be disadvantageous for a series with many values.

Pandas has a method that might be useful for you. The method is called take() which takes a list of indices and returns a new series with the values at those indices. In the example below, we extract the items at positions 0, 2 and 4 from a series.

There are numerous ways of doing this and one of them uses the iloc indexer which is a positional indexer that selects data based on its position in the series. In the example below, we extract the items at positions 0, 2 and 4 from a series.